Loop Interior Architecture Walking Tour with Pedway for UChicago Alumni
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Product code: UC-LOOP
Interior Architecture Tour Overview
On the Loop Interior Architecture Walking Tour, you’ll step inside magnificent lobbies, corridors and the underground Pedway system for an in-depth, personal approach to a Chicago architecture walking tour downtown. The vast majority of the tour takes place inside, making it great for any kind of Chicago weather.
Tour guests share iPads with archival images of maps, historic photos and documentary video clips while the tour guide shares stories of Chicago history. As one of the top-rated tours of Chicago, the Loop Interior Architecture Walking Tour has received plenty of five-star ratings on Yelp.
Our fun and passionate tour guides are highly trained professionals with degrees in architecture, design, art history and history. They know how to connect with a group, spark imaginations and communicate new concepts in relating to architecture.
Looking at the outside of buildings, such as with architectural boat tours, can be a great first step in engaging with Chicago architecture. For the next level of connection with Chicago architecture, go inside of the buildings. You will appreciate Chicago architecture from new perspectives. From the interiors, you can truly experience architectural space rather than from the more isolated perspective of a downtown sidewalk.
For this special event with the University of Chicago Alumni Club, group size is limited to 16.
Interior Walking Tour Highlights
- Church in a skyscraper with stained glass windows
- The “Chicago Picasso” sculpture
- Chicago’s underground Pedway system
- The contemporary Block 37 development
- Marshall Field’s department store
- Sparkling Tiffany mosaics
- Chicago Cultural Center
Stories and Ideas
- How to read Chicago architecture to understand history
- Stories of corruption and generosity
- Why the ‘L’ is elevated
- Design psychology behind interior space
- A surprising history of shopping
- Religion and social diversity
Interior Architecture Tour Includes:
- Engaging tour guide commentary
- Shared use of iPads with video & photos
- Professionally printed Chicago Pedway map
- Special Chicago gifts
- Discounted flat-rate parking at Grant Park North Garage ($15)
- Starts inside the Marquette Building at 140 S. Dearborn. Walk straight through the lobby and continue straight to the back of the exhibit space to find your tour guide.
- Ends at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St.
- Walking distance is 0.8 miles. Some stairs.